Perzina began as a labor of love, and nearly 150 years later, still continues as a company dedicated to making great instruments for families and passionate musicians. The history of the Perzina Piano began on July 1, 1871. On that day two brothers, Julius and Albert Perzina, opened their shop in the small German town of Schwerin. They officially named the company Gebrüder Perzina which means brothers Perzina. As business increased, the Perzina factory was moved to a larger facility in the German town of Lenzen.
Perzina soon became one of Germany’s most influential and prestigious brands. Many of the best musicians and world leaders purchased Perzina pianos. These included the Arch-Duke of Mecklenberg, Duke of Oldenburg, Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands, and Hendrik of Mecklenberg-Schwerin. By 1900 the Perzina factory was the largest in Northern Germany, and quickly became a house-hold name throughout Europe.
Perzina Pianos are recognized for their remarkably beautiful tone and sound. Today’s Perzina is still one of the world’s best pianos. The vertical pianos use the patented floating soundboard design and reverse concave soundboard design. These patents and features are exclusive to Perzina manufactured vertical pianos.
The Perzina factory and grounds in Lenzen Germany are now owned by European businessman, Ronald Bol, and the corporate headquarters is in Veenendaal, Netherlands. Due to International demands for Perzina pianos, a new state-of-the-art facility has also been built in Yantai, China under the supervision of Ronald Bol and Gebr. Perzina technical staff, manufacturing one of the most recognizable sounds in the piano industry today. All of the Perzina pianos continue to use the highest manufacturing standards and industry’s best components.